This blog is created by the author of the Lunarium.co.uk website. It reflects the current stage of development of Lunarium, explains some new features and decisions that were made in development, allows to give detailed answers to some questions asked by the visitors of Lunarium.
New Lunarium is Taking Shape
I made completing the new version of Lunarium a priority and hope to complete it by the end of August.
The first "bare bones" version of the New Lunarium will reproduce everything available on the old version but on a completely different level. These are the main differences between the Old Lunarium and the emerging New Lunarium:
1. You will not need to request adding a new city to the list of locations. This ancient procedure is replaced with a completely different solution. There will be a map (actually a Google Map) where you will be able to select just any place on the Earth, click on it, give it a name, select a time zone and confirm your selection. That's it - Lunarium will use the specified location for the Lunar Calendar, for the Planetary Hours and everywhere else where the information will be location-specific.
2. There will be significantly more information available. The Old Lunarium displays information about lunar phases, days, signs and void-of-course periods. The New Lunarium will add to this eclipses, apsides (apogees and perigees), lunar stations (mansions) and retrograde periods of personal planets.
3. It will be possible to calculate lunar calendar and all the other information not just for a few years but for any year from 1960 to 2020. I can easily expand this period to, say, 1900 - 2100 if needed.
4. It will be possible to calculate planetary hours for any day within the above mentioned range of years. Additionally, planetary dignities will be displayed for the specified moment of time.
5. The New Lunarium will have a new, more contemporary design and it will be substantially "ajaxified", so it will be more responsive and easier to use. It is created on a very new technological platform - Java version of Google App Engine - and so should be very efficient and reliable.
6. I was convinced by a biodynamic gardener on Twitter that a proper gardening calendar using Siderial Zodiac is very much needed for the community, so although I planned it for a later update, now I decided that the Lunar Gardening Calendar (calculated according to the rules of biodynamic gardening) will be a part of the initial release of the New Lunarium.
After the initial release I am planning to regularly add new content to Lunarium. The first candidates for such additions are:
Free School of Astrology.
Lunar Calendar of Health.
New articles and interactive programs.
You are welcome to follow my work on the New Lunarium at http://twitter.com/NewLunarium
In my newsletters, I often refer to parallels happening in the sky, and I usually point out that they are important. I was asked to explain what parallels are.
I will try to write this explanation in such a way that it will be comprehensible for beginners in astrology but at the same time precise enough for more advanced students. I will start from the very basics and then gradually increase the complexity. If at some point you’ll feel that you don’t understand what I am writing, simply stop, as you will already have a decent idea about the subject by then.
Let’s imagine several race cars running around a circular track. Those are planets moving along the ecliptic. Astrology studies this movement of planets, and the patterns they form at specific moments in time. An important part of those patterns are aspects, i.e. interactions between planets.
How can race cars interact? Well, they can overtake each other when they pass the same point along the track. Planets have this kind of inter…
I believe I have now found the correct way to make the discovery of Dr Jonas available to everyone without jeopardising the idea.
The free online version of Jonas Method Calculator (but renamed into Lunar Conception Calculator) is again available on Lunarium. Everyone can calculate their phase return moments and, if the information is going to be used for an attempt of conception, there is an indication of gender of the child that can be conceived then.
There is also an article explaining the idea of the method and describing the research which was done around it: Lunar Conception: a Discovery of Dr Jonas.
All this should be sufficient for healthy individuals without a heavy karma who want to conceive a child of a desired gender, or for those who want to use their phase return for achievements in sport.
As for those who are having a problem with conceiving a child, there is a special service offered by Odan Institute. There, you will have an experienced astrologer working individuall…
I explained what the Lunar Nodes are and how I approach their interpretation in my article The Lunar Nodes as a Life Guide. To briefly summarise this article, the recipe is: go where the North Node is pointing, then the problems of the South Node will resolve by themselves.
However, my main emphasis in that article was on the position of the Lunar Nodes in a natal chart. How do we then understand the message of the transiting Lunar Nodes?
The usual direction of the Lunar Nodes is against the normal direction of the planets so we could say that they move “backwards”: from Pisces to Aquarius to Capricorn to Sagittarius and so on. To remind you, there are two of them: the North Node and the South Node, and they are always opposite each other in the sky. It takes 18.6 years for the nodes to make a complete circle around the zodiac, so they spend about a year and a half in each of the signs.
Recently (on May 10th) the North Node has entered Leo, and so the South Node has entered Aquarius. …